Thursday, January 29, 2015

Adding In Some Extras

While running is my first love, I know that adding in some cross training and other workouts is ideal.  I already do weight training in addition to running but have been looking for some time to add in something else. 

Here are a couple of things I'm excited to try....

PiYo is high intensity, low impact workout which means it is friendly on your knees, ankles and feet.  As a runner, I put a lot of strain on my knees, ankles and feet.  Adding in a workout that doesn't add additional strain will really be a nice complement to running.  It is on it's way to more doorstep right now and I couldn't be more excited!  I'll share more after I've given it a try.



Lap swimming.  Last year about this time I started lap swimming for the first time and loved it!  I let it fall by the wayside when the weather got nice because I wanted to be outdoors.  But I'm looking forward to donning my swim cap and goggles and getting back to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment