Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Small Steps Lead To Big Changes

I came across this graphic and it really spoke to me.  Often times we get caught up in the happenings of our daily life and we forget about this simple little things.  I'm making an effort to be more aware on a daily basis.  It's the little things!


Speaking of little things...through my fitness journey, I have learned that often time it is the little changes that we make that have the largest impact down the road.  Sometimes it is just adding a serving of vegetables to each meal.  It's not a big deal but it will make you eat less of the other foods that maybe aren't quite as nutrient dense and over time, that all adds up!

Recently I purchased a FitBit.  I have read about them for a long time and always wondered what the big deal was.  I decided to give it a shot.  I was honestly surprised at how little I move throughout the day.  Of course I get a workout in at some point during the day but the rest of the day I don't move much. The FitBit has made me more aware of that. I get up and move a lot more when I see how few steps I haven't taken.  Sometimes that means I walk around the office to talk to coworkers instead of sending an email.  Other times I walk when I have an errant that needs to be done such as going to the bank or post office.




Try to incorporate small changes in your daily life and you may just be surprised at what big changes come as a result!

No comments:

Post a Comment